January 23, 2011

Receptionist Cover Letter

This letter is designed to get the reader's attention and ensure that your job application gets serious consideration. The cover letter is perhaps the single most important document of your job search. It is the cover letter that will get your resume read and take you to the next stage of the hiring process.
      

 




Receptionist Cover Letter

Your Name
Your Address
Your Contact details (phone and email)

Date

Mrs Mary Stevens
Hiring Manager
ABC Company
15 South Parkway
Long Island, NY 11551

Dear Mrs Stevens

Your job posting for a receptionist caught my attention straight away as my skills and experience seem to closely match your requirements for this position. I would appreciate careful consideration of my credentials as outlined below and within the enclosed resume.

I have three years work experience as a receptionist in a large organization responsible for handling all calls and visitors in addition to providing extensive organizational and administrative support.

I am very self sufficient and work independently. I have taken the initiative to learn as much as possible about the company I work for in order to become a valuable information resource.

Among my particular strengths are my organizational and planning skills. I have developed a number of processes to manage my many work tasks and make sure I meet the demands of a fast-paced work environment. I utilize technology to assist me wherever possible and have a good working knowledge of a number of computer applications including MS Office.

My strong communication skills and an outgoing, energetic personality ensure first-rate customer service to both clients and colleagues. I thoroughly enjoy dealing with a wide variety of people and take pride in being a receptionist.

ABC Company enjoys an excellent reputation and I am confident that I would be an asset to your company. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss my abilities in more depth and am available for an interview at your earliest convenience. Please contact me via phone or e-mail to arrange a time and date for us to meet.

Thank you for your time and consideration and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Sincerely
Jane Jobseeker

Enclosure

Your receptionist cover letter plays an essential role in how you come across to potential employers. Make sure your letter sets you apart from the competition. Highlight your skills and strengths as they relate to the specific receptionist job and company requirements. Carefully proofread your cover letter before sending it out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment